Gilbert Arizona - Your Ultimate Guide for 2024
Step into the vibrant world of Gilbert, where a tapestry of southwestern charm, community warmth, and modern excitement awaits.
I'm not just your local real estate expert – I'm your partner in uncovering the secrets of this Arizona gem. Join me as I spill the beans on all things Gilbert – the picturesque, the passionate, and the absolutely unforgettable.
Whether you're seeking an adventurous escape or a peaceful retreat, this vibrant town has it all. Explore the diverse neighborhoods, immerse yourself in the rich history and culture, and embrace the sense of community by checking out our Gilbert Arizona Homes for Sale.
With a thriving job market and an abundance of exciting events, this is the place where freedom and opportunity intersect.
Get ready to discover all that Gilbert has to offer in this comprehensive guide. Let the journey begin!
Gilbert's Desert Oasis: Nature's Playground
Close your eyes and imagine a place where the sunsets paint the sky in hues you've only dreamed of. Welcome to Gilbert, a desert paradise that beckons nature enthusiasts like myself.
My weekends often kick off with a hike in the stunning San Tan Mountains, where the desert landscape unfolds in all its glory. But my heart truly finds solace in the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch, where serene lakes meet lush greenery – a bird-watcher's haven and a serene escape from the daily grind.
- The History and Culture of Gilbert
- The Neighborhoods of Gilbert
- Events in Gilbert
- The Homes of Gilbert
- The Schools of Gilbert
- Parks and Recreation of Gilbert
- Gilbert Swimming Pools
- The Best Restaurants of Gilbert
- Gilbert Farmers Markets
- Breweries and Wineries in Gilbert
- Grocery Shopping in Gilbert
- Shopping in Gilbert
- Healthcare in Gilbert
- Transportation in Gilbert
- Cost of Living in Gilbert
- Gilbert Real Estate Market
- The Thriving job market in Gilbert
- The Sense of Community in Gilbert
Gilbert, Arizona is located in the southeastern part of the Phoenix metropolitan area.
This vibrant town is a hidden gem with an abundance of attractions and local businesses to explore. Whether you prefer hopping on public transportation or driving around in your own car, Gilbert offers easy access to all the surrounding areas.
The location of Gilbert also allows for a wide range of outdoor activities to be enjoyed. From hiking trails to golf courses, there's something for everyone. If you're a nature lover, make sure to visit the scenic tourist spots like the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch or the Gilbert Regional Park.
Gilbert's location truly sets the stage for endless adventures and unforgettable experiences.
When you choose to move to Gilbert in 2023, you'll be delighted by the comfortable climate in this charming town. Gilbert, Arizona experiences a warm desert climate with hot summers and mild winters. Here's what you can expect:
- Extreme weather: While summers can get hot, with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the rest of the year offers pleasant weather for outdoor activities.
- Seasonal changes: Gilbert experiences distinct seasons, with warm springs and autumns, perfect for enjoying outdoor events and festivals.
- Outdoor activities: With the beautiful weather, Gilbert offers a wide range of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and golfing, allowing you to embrace the freedom of the great outdoors.
- Gardening tips and energy conservation: Take advantage of the favorable climate to create your own garden oasis. Gilbert provides plenty of resources and tips for gardening, promoting energy conservation through sustainable practices.
In Gilbert, the climate offers the freedom to explore and enjoy the outdoors year-round, making it an ideal destination for those seeking an active and vibrant lifestyle.
Exploring the history and culture of Gilbert can provide valuable insights into the community's roots and traditions.
Nestled in the heart of Arizona, Gilbert boasts a rich history that dates back to the late 1800s. As you delve into its past, you'll discover a town that was once a farming community, known for its cotton and hay production.
Today, Gilbert embraces its heritage through local traditions and celebrations. One of the most famous landmarks in town is the Gilbert Water Tower, a symbol of the town's progress and growth.
Throughout the year, Gilbert hosts various cultural festivals that showcase its vibrant diversity, from the Gilbert Days Parade to the Gilbert Global Village Festival. The town's art and music scene also flourishes, with local galleries and live music performances that captivate audiences.
Immerse yourself in Gilbert's history and culture, and you'll uncover a community that cherishes its past while embracing the future.
As you explore the neighborhoods of this charming town, you'll discover a diverse range of communities that cater to different lifestyles and preferences.
When it comes to safety and security, Gilbert is consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the country, giving you peace of mind as you settle into your new neighborhood.
Whether you're looking for a close-knit community or a bustling urban environment, Gilbert has a neighborhood that suits your desires.
Val Vista Lakes:
Val Vista Lakes is a highly desirable neighborhood with outstanding amenities and friendly neighbors. It is home to 24 residential subdivisions, including several custom gated communities. Val Vista Lakes is a wonderful 900-acre community surrounded by beautiful lakes.
- Median home price: $550,000
- Population density: 3,500 people per square mile
- Average household income: $120,000
- Schools: Val Vista Elementary School, Val Vista Middle School, and Mesquite High School
- Amenities: Lakes, parks, shopping, restaurants
- Traffic: Medium
- Crime: Low
Power Ranch is one of the largest neighborhoods in Gilbert. It is known for its wide variety of housing options, from single-family homes to apartments and condos. Power Ranch is also home to a number of amenities, including a golf course, a swim and tennis complex, and a shopping center.
- Median home price: $600,000
- Population density: 3,000 people per square mile
- Average household income: $130,000
- Schools: Power Ranch Elementary School, Power Ranch Middle School, and Highland High School
- Amenities: Golf course, swim and tennis complex, shopping center
- Traffic: Medium
- Crime: Low
Seville is among the most affluent neighborhoods in Gilbert. It is home to many large, custom homes. Seville is also known for its excellent schools and family-friendly atmosphere.
- Median home price: $1 million
- Population density: 2,500 people per square mile
- Average household income: $200,000
- Schools: Seville Elementary School, Campo Verde Middle School, and Campo Verde High School
- Amenities: Parks, golf courses, shopping
- Traffic: Light
- Crime: Low
Ashland Ranch is one of the safest neighborhoods in Gilbert. It is located in the northeastern part of town and is home to a mix of single-family homes and apartments. Ashland Ranch is also close to a number of shopping and dining options.
- Median home price: $450,000
- Population density: 3,000 people per square mile
- Average household income: $100,000
- Schools: Ashland Elementary School, Higley Middle School, and Higley High School
- Amenities: Parks, shopping, restaurants
- Traffic: Light
- Crime: Medium
The Islands is a master-planned community located on the Salt River. It is home to a variety of housing options, including condos, townhomes, and single-family homes. The Islands also has a number of amenities, including a marina, a golf course, and a shopping center.
- Median home price: $750,000
- Population density: 2,000 people per square mile
- Average household income: $150,000
- Schools: Dobson Elementary School, Dobson Ranch Middle School, and Williams Field High School
- Amenities: Marina, golf course, park
- Traffic: Heavy
- Crime: Low
These are just a few of the many great neighborhoods in Gilbert. The best neighborhood for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. It is important to do your research and visit different neighborhoods before making a decision. You can also talk to people who live in Gilbert to get their recommendations.
If you're looking for something fun to do in Gilbert, you'll be pleased to know that the town hosts a variety of exciting events throughout the year. Gilbert is a vibrant community that offers a wide range of activities for people of all ages and interests.
Here are four fantastic events that you won't want to miss:
Get ready to dance and groove to the rhythm of live music at the various music festivals held in Gilbert. From rock concerts to country music extravaganzas, there's something for every music lover.
- Gilbert Summer Concert Series is a series of free concerts that take place on Friday evenings in the summer. They are held at the Gilbert Civic Center Park and feature a variety of musical genres.
Immerse yourself in the world of creativity and expression at the art exhibitions in Gilbert. Discover talented local artists, marvel at stunning artworks, and perhaps even find a piece that speaks to your soul.
- Gilbert Days is a 3-day festival that celebrates the history and culture of Gilbert. It takes place in early May and features a parade, carnival, live music, and food vendors.
If you're a sports enthusiast, Gilbert has you covered. Cheer on your favorite teams and athletes as they compete in thrilling sports tournaments, ranging from soccer to basketball and everything in between.
- Gilbert Cactus Classic is a high school basketball tournament that takes place in December. It features teams from all over Arizona and is one of the most prestigious high school basketball tournaments in the state.
- Gilbert Twilight Run is a 5K and 10K road race that takes place in February. It is a popular event for runners of all levels and is held at the Gilbert Regional Park.
- Gilbert Marathon is a full marathon and half marathon that takes place in January. It is a challenging event that attracts runners from all over the world.
- Gilbert Soccer Classic is a youth soccer tournament that takes place in July. It features teams from all over the state and is one of the largest youth soccer tournaments in Arizona.
- Gilbert Baseball Classic is a youth baseball tournament that takes place in June. It features teams from all over the state and is one of the largest youth baseball tournaments in Arizona.
Embrace the strong sense of community in Gilbert by attending the various community events held throughout the year. From street fairs to farmer's markets, these events offer a chance to connect with your neighbors and celebrate the vibrant spirit of the town.
- Gilbert Rotary Festival of Lights is a winter festival that takes place in late November and early December. It features a light show, a parade, and a variety of family-friendly activities.
- Gilbert Grapefruit Festival is a festival that celebrates the grapefruit harvest in Gilbert. It takes place in late January and features a grapefruit eating contest, a grapefruit carving contest, and a variety of food vendors.
- Gilbert International Film Festival is a film festival that showcases films from around the world. It takes place in late September and features a variety of films, from independent to foreign to documentary.
And let's not forget the mouthwatering food festivals that will delight your taste buds and fill your belly with delicious treats. So, mark your calendars and get ready to have a blast at the exciting events in Gilbert!
Take a stroll through the charming neighborhoods of Gilbert and discover the beautiful homes that make up this vibrant community.
Gilbert's housing market is thriving, with a range of options for homeownership. The homeownership rates in Gilbert are higher than the national average, reflecting the strong desire of residents to put down roots in this welcoming town. If you're not quite ready to buy, there are also plenty of rental options available, from apartments to single-family homes.
As you explore the neighborhoods, you'll notice a variety of architecture styles, from traditional to modern, showcasing the diverse tastes of the community. Home renovation trends are also prevalent, with many homeowners updating their properties to reflect their personal style.
Ranch homes are the most common style of home in Gilbert. They are typically single-story homes with a low-pitched roof and a large backyard. Ranch homes are known for their casual and relaxed style.
Pueblo Revival homes are inspired by the architecture of the Southwest. They are typically made of adobe or stucco and have features such as arched doorways and windows, and terracotta roofs. Pueblo Revival homes are known for their warm and inviting style.
Spanish Colonial homes are also inspired by the architecture of the Southwest. They are typically made of stucco or adobe and have features such as red tile roofs, wrought iron balconies, and courtyards. Spanish Colonial homes are known for their elegant and timeless style.
Mid Century Modern
Mid-Century Modern homes were popular in the 1950s and 1960s. They are typically characterized by their clean lines, open floor plans, and use of glass and steel. Mid-Century Modern homes are known for their sleek and modern style.
Contemporary homes are designed with a focus on function and style. They typically have simple lines, large windows, and open floor plans. Contemporary homes are known for their modern and stylish look.
Whether you're looking to buy, rent, or renovate, Gilbert offers something for everyone in its vibrant housing market.
For families seeking quality education and endless opportunities, Gilbert is a haven. The Gilbert Public Schools District is dedicated to nurturing young minds, providing a strong foundation for future success. And speaking of success, Gilbert's proximity to Phoenix opens doors to a thriving job market, making it more than just a place to live – it's a launchpad for ambitions.
The schools in Gilbert offer a high-quality education for students of all ages and interests. Whether you prefer a public or private school, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Here are four reasons why Gilbert's schools are top-notch:
- Extensive extracurricular activities: From sports teams to clubs, Gilbert's schools provide a wide range of extracurricular activities for students to explore their passions and develop valuable skills.
- Impressive school rankings: Gilbert's schools consistently rank highly in state and national assessments, reflecting their commitment to academic excellence and student success.
- Clear school district boundaries: With well-defined school district boundaries, families can easily find a school that is conveniently located and aligns with their preferences.
- Homeschooling options: Gilbert's schools also support homeschooling families, offering resources and guidance to ensure that students receive a quality education even outside of traditional classroom settings.
Public schools in Gilbert, Arizona:
- Arrowhead Elementary School
- Ashland Elementary School
- Augusta Ranch Elementary School
- Boulder Creek Elementary School
- Burk Elementary School
- Carol Rae Ranch Elementary School
- Canyon Rim Elementary School
- Canyon Valley Elementary School
- Finley Farms Elementary School
- Gilbert Classical Academy
- Gilbert Elementary School
- Greenfield Elementary School
- Harris Elementary School
- Highland Elementary School
- Highland Park Elementary School
- Islands Elementary School
- Meridian Elementary School
- Mesquite Elementary School
- Neely Traditional Academy
- Oak Tree Elementary School
- Patterson Elementary School
- Pioneer Elementary School
- Playa del Rey Elementary School
Junior High Schools:
- Campo Verde Junior High School
- Dobson Ranch Junior High School
- Highland Junior High School
- Mesquite Junior High School
- Perry Traditional Academy
- Campo Verde High School
- Desert Ridge High School
- Gilbert High School
- Higley High School
- Williams Field High School
- Gilbert Alternative Education
In Gilbert, you have the freedom to choose the educational path that best suits your needs and aspirations.
You'll be amazed by the variety of parks and recreational activities available in Gilbert. Whether you're looking for playgrounds, sports facilities, hiking trails, community centers, or recreational programs, this vibrant city has it all.
Gilbert is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, with numerous parks and playgrounds scattered throughout the town. You can bring your kids to one of the many well-maintained playgrounds, where they can swing, slide, and climb to their heart's content.
For sports enthusiasts, there are top-notch sports facilities where you can enjoy a game of basketball, soccer, or tennis. If you prefer to explore nature, Gilbert offers a network of scenic hiking trails with breathtaking views that wind through breathtaking landscapes.
Below are some of the best hiking trails in Gilbert, Arizona:
- Camelback Mountain: This is a popular trail that offers stunning views of the city. The Echo Canyon Trail is the most popular trail, but it is also the most difficult. The Cholla Trail is a shorter and easier option.
- Piestewa Peak: This is another popular trail that offers panoramic views of the city. The Summit Trail is the most challenging trail, but it is also the shortest. The Paiute Trail is a longer and easier option.
- Gilbert Riparian Preserve: This is a great trail for families and birdwatchers. The trail winds through a desert riparian habitat, and there are often opportunities to see deer, coyotes, and other wildlife.
- Water Ranch Regional Park: This park has several hiking trails, including the Desert Discovery Trail and the Lake Loop Trail. The Desert Discovery Trail is a short and easy trail that is great for families. The Lake Loop Trail is a longer and more challenging trail that offers views of the lake.
- Freestone Park Loop: This is a 1-mile loop trail that is great for a quick and easy hike. The trail winds through a desert landscape, and there are several benches along the way for resting.
And if you're in need of indoor activities, the community centers in Gilbert offer a wide range of recreational programs to keep you entertained and active.
The Parks and Recreation Department in Gilbert, Arizona is responsible for the development, maintenance, and operation of the town's parks, recreation facilities, and open spaces. It also offers a variety of programs and activities for residents of all ages, including sports leagues, camps, classes, and special events.
The department has a budget of over $40 million and employs over 200 people. The current director of the department is Robert Carmona.
Some of the department's most popular parks include:
- Gilbert Regional Park, a 300-acre park with a lake, trails, sports fields, and a playground.
- Freestone Park, a 100-acre park with a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a playground.
- Gilbert Community Center, a 100,000-square-foot facility with a gymnasium, fitness center, and meeting rooms.
- McQueen Park Activity Center, a 50,000-square-foot facility with a gymnasium, fitness center, and meeting rooms.
The department also offers a variety of programs and activities, including:
- Sports leagues for children and adults, such as baseball, softball, soccer, and basketball.
- Camps for children, such as summer camp, day camp, and overnight camp.
- Classes for adults, such as yoga, Pilates, and Zumba.
- Special events, such as festivals, concerts, and farmers markets.
With so much to offer, Gilbert truly is a playground for freedom-seekers like you.
After a fun-filled day at the parks in Gilbert, it's time to cool off and make a splash in the town's swimming pools. Gilbert offers a variety of options to suit your swimming preferences. Whether you prefer the lively atmosphere of public pools or the privacy of private pools, there's something for everyone.
Here are four reasons why Gilbert's swimming pools will make your summer unforgettable:
- Endless Pool Parties: Dive into a world of excitement as you host epic pool parties with your friends and family. Enjoy the sunshine, music, and laughter while creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Easy Pool Maintenance: Gilbert takes pride in maintaining its pools, ensuring clean and sparkling waters for your enjoyment. You can relax and focus on having fun without worrying about the upkeep.
- Pool Safety First: Gilbert prioritizes the safety of its residents and visitors. Lifeguards are present at public pools to ensure a safe swimming experience for everyone. Remember to follow safety guidelines to make the most of your pool time.
- Beat the Heat: With Arizona's scorching temperatures, swimming pools are the ultimate escape. Take a refreshing dip and bask in the freedom of the cool waters, leaving the heat behind.
Pools in Gilbert:
- Freestone Park Pool: This is a 25-yard, six-lane pool with a zero-depth entry and a water slide. It is located at 100 S Power Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85296.
- Gilbert Regional Park Pool: This is a 50-meter, eight-lane pool with a diving board. It is located at 300 S Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85296
- Hamilton Aquatic Center: This is a 25-yard, six-lane pool with a zero-depth entry and a water playground. It is located at 3838 S Arizona Ave, Gilbert, AZ 85234.
- Perry Pool: This is a 25-yard, six-lane pool with a zero-depth entry. It is located at 1775 E Queen Creek Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85295
- Williams Field Pool: This is a 25-yard, six-lane pool with a zero-depth entry. It is located at 1900 S Higley Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85296
- Recker Pointe Community Pool: This is a 25-yard, six-lane pool with a zero-depth entry. It is located at 3876 E Patrick St, Gilbert, AZ 85296.
As you dry off and prepare for your next adventure, get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the best restaurants Gilbert has to offer.
Prepare your taste buds for a journey through flavors you won't soon forget. Gilbert's culinary scene is a fusion of southwestern spices, international delights, and comfort food with a modern twist.
For me, breakfast at Snooze an A.M. Eatery is an absolute must – their pancakes are pure artistry on a plate. And don't even get me started on Joe's Real BBQ, where the smoky aroma is as welcoming as the food itself. Oh, and did I mention the annual Gilbert Pizza Festival? It's a slice of heaven for pizza enthusiasts like me.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds as you explore the best restaurants in Gilbert. This vibrant Arizona town offers a plethora of dining options that will satisfy even the most discerning foodie.
From local cuisine to international flavors, Gilbert has something for everyone. Whether you're craving a juicy steak, fresh seafood, or vegetarian delights, you'll find it all here.
Some popular eateries include The Farmhouse Restaurant, known for its farm-to-table approach and mouthwatering dishes, and Postino East, a charming wine bar that serves delectable small plates. For a taste of authentic Mexican cuisine, head to Joyride Taco House, where you'll find flavorful tacos and refreshing margaritas.
- Postino East: This restaurant serves up wood-fired pizzas, salads, and Italian staples in a bright and airy space. They have a wide selection of wine by the glass or bottle.
- The Farmhouse Restaurant: This restaurant offers classic American fare made with fresh, seasonal ingredients. They have a large patio that is perfect for dining al fresco.
- Culinary Dropout: This restaurant serves up creative takes on comfort food in a fun and casual atmosphere. They have a wide selection of craft cocktails.
- Joe's Real BBQ: This restaurant serves up award-winning barbecue in a no-frills setting. They have a large selection of meats, including brisket, ribs, and pulled pork.
- The Vig: This restaurant serves up classic Italian dishes in a cozy and romantic atmosphere. They have a wood-fired oven that they use to cook their pizzas and other dishes.
- Zinc Bistro: This restaurant serves up modern American cuisine in a sleek and sophisticated setting. They have a large wine list and a cocktail menu that features creative twists on classic drinks.
Don't miss out on these culinary delights; make sure to check out these dining recommendations during your visit to Gilbert.
And speaking of local delights, let's move on to the next section about Gilbert's farmers markets.
Don't miss out on the vibrant farmers markets in Gilbert. These markets are a celebration of the community and everything it has to offer.
Here's what you can expect at the farmers markets in Gilbert:
1. Local Produce: Experience the taste of locally grown fruits, vegetables, and herbs that are bursting with flavor and nutrients. Support local farmers and enjoy the freshest ingredients for your meals.
2. Artisanal Crafts: Discover unique handmade products, from beautiful ceramics to handcrafted jewelry. These markets are a treasure trove of creativity and talent.
3. Live Entertainment: Enjoy live music and performances while you browse the stalls. The lively atmosphere adds to the excitement of the market experience.
4. Family Friendly Activities: Bring the whole family for a day of fun. With activities like face painting, petting zoos, and games, the farmers markets provide entertainment for everyone.
These markets are not only a place to find delicious food and one-of-a-kind products; they are also an opportunity to support local businesses and foster a sense of community.
- Gilbert Farmers Market: This is a year-round market that takes place every Saturday from 8am to 11:30am at the Gilbert Civic Center Park. It features over 100 vendors selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, and other local products.
- Gilbert Main Street Farmers Market: This is a seasonal market that takes place every Sunday from 9am to 1pm on Gilbert's historic Main Street. It features over 50 vendors selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, and other local products.
- SanTan Village Farmers Market: This is a seasonal market that takes place every Sunday from 9am to 1pm at SanTan Village. It features over 50 vendors selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, and other local products.
- Queen Creek Olive Oil Company Farmers Market: This is a seasonal market that takes place every Sunday from 10am to 2pm at the Queen Creek Olive Oil Company. It features over 50 vendors selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, olive oil, and other local products.
- Gilbert Water Ranch Farmers Market: This is a seasonal market that takes place every Sunday from 9am to 1pm at the Gilbert Water Ranch. It features over 50 vendors selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, and other local products.
After exploring the markets, continue your culinary journey by grocery shopping in Gilbert, where you'll find even more options for fresh and local ingredients.
Looking for local breweries or wineries in Gilbert? You're in luck! Gilbert has a thriving craft beer scene with a variety of brewpubs to choose from. Whether you're a beer enthusiast or a wine lover, you'll find plenty of options for wine tasting and beer tours in the area.
Explore the local breweries and wineries, indulge in delicious craft beers, and experience the vibrant beverage culture Gilbert has to offer. Cheers to a great time in Gilbert!
Below are some of the best breweries in Gilbert, Arizona:
- Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company: This brewery has two locations in Gilbert, and they are known for their creative and experimental beers.
- Four Silos Brewery: This brewery is located in a historic Gilbert barn, and they offer a variety of beers, including IPAs, stouts, and sours
- O.H.S.O. Brewery: This brewery is known for its German-style beers, and they also have a large outdoor beer garden
- State 48 Brewery: This brewery is located in the heart of downtown Gilbert, and they offer a variety of beers, including IPAs, porters, and pilsners.
- Uncle Bear's Brewery: This brewery is known for its family-friendly atmosphere and its selection of craft beers.
Now that you've explored the vibrant farmers markets in Gilbert, it's time to dive into the world of grocery shopping in this charming town.
Gilbert offers a wide range of options to cater to your diverse needs and preferences. If you're a fan of local produce and organic options, you'll be pleased to know that many grocery stores in Gilbert prioritize sourcing from local farmers and offer a variety of organic products. For those seeking specialty items, there are also specialty stores where you can find unique ingredients and gourmet treats.
If convenience is your priority, several stores in Gilbert offer online grocery delivery, allowing you to shop from the comfort of your home. And don't worry about breaking the bank, as there are plenty of budget-friendly options available as well.
With so many choices, you're sure to find the perfect grocery shopping experience in Gilbert.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: This is a specialty chain offering a wide variety of natural and organic groceries, including produce, meats, seafood, dairy, baked goods, and prepared foods. They also have a bulk foods section and a juice bar.
- Trader Joe's: This is a unique grocery store chain that offers a variety of specialty foods, including fresh produce, meats, seafood, cheeses, snacks, and frozen foods. They are known for their affordable prices and unique selection of products.
- WinCo Foods: This is a warehouse-style grocery store that offers a wide variety of groceries at low prices. They are known for their bulk foods section and their rotisserie chickens.
- Safeway: This is a traditional grocery store chain that offers a wide variety of groceries. They also have a pharmacy and a fuel station
- Albertsons: This is another traditional grocery store chain that offers a wide variety of groceries. They also have a pharmacy and a fuel station.
- Fry's Food Stores: This is a grocery store chain that is known for its wide selection of groceries and its convenient locations. They also have a pharmacy and a fuel station.
Now that you know where to find the best groceries in Gilbert, let's take a closer look at the exciting shopping scene in this vibrant town.
If you're in the mood for some retail therapy, there are plenty of shops to explore in Gilbert. From charming boutique shopping to bustling shopping centers, you're sure to find unique finds that will bring joy to your shopping experience.
Here are four reasons why shopping in Gilbert is a must-do:
1. Local Artisans: Gilbert is home to a vibrant community of talented local artisans. Explore their shops and discover one-of-a-kind handcrafted treasures that support the local economy and showcase the town's creative spirit.
2. Retail Therapy: Whether you're looking for the latest fashion trends or home decor to spruce up your living space, Gilbert's shops offer an array of options to satisfy your retail cravings. Indulge in some much-needed retail therapy and treat yourself to something special.
3. Shopping Centers: Gilbert boasts a variety of shopping centers, where you can find all your favorite brands and stores under one roof. Enjoy the convenience of a one-stop shopping experience, complete with restaurants and entertainment options.
4. Unique Finds: Gilbert's shopping scene is known for its eclectic mix of stores. From vintage treasures to handmade artisanal goods, you'll stumble upon hidden gems that you won't find anywhere else. Embrace the thrill of discovery and uncover your own unique finds.
- SanTan Village: This is a large outdoor shopping mall with over 200 stores, including Macy's, Dillard's, and Nordstrom. It also has a movie theater and a food court.
- Gilbert Town Square: This is a historic downtown area with over 100 shops, restaurants, and art galleries. It is also home to the Gilbert Farmers Market.
- Shoppes at Gilbert Commons: This is a smaller outdoor shopping center with over 50 stores, including Target, HomeGoods, and PetSmart.
- Gilbert Gateway Towne Center: This is a newer outdoor shopping center with over 70 stores, including Whole Foods Market, Best Buy, and Ulta Beauty.
These are just a few of the many great shopping destinations in Gilbert. The best shopping destination for you will depend on your personal preferences and what you are looking for.
You'll find a range of healthcare options in Gilbert, from hospitals to specialized clinics, ensuring that residents have access to quality medical care. Healthcare accessibility is a top priority in this vibrant Arizona town.
Gilbert boasts state-of-the-art healthcare facilities that offer a wide array of services to cater to your needs. Whether you're looking for routine check-ups, specialized treatments, or emergency care, the healthcare professionals in Gilbert are ready to provide you with top-notch care.
- Banner Health Gilbert Medical Center: This is a full-service hospital that offers a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and inpatient care.
- Mayo Clinic Hospital Phoenix: This is a world-renowned hospital that offers a wide range of specialized medical services, including cancer care, heart care, and transplant surgery.
- HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center: This is a full-service hospital that offers a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and inpatient care.
- Ascension St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center: This is a Catholic hospital that offers a wide range of medical services, including emergency care, surgery, and inpatient care.
- Gilbert Surgery Center: This is a surgery center that offers a variety of outpatient procedures, including same-day surgery.
- Gilbert Immediate Care: This is an urgent care clinic that offers treatment for a variety of medical conditions, including minor injuries and illnesses.
With a focus on patient well-being, the healthcare services offered in Gilbert are comprehensive and holistic. And the best part? The healthcare costs are affordable, allowing you to receive the care you need without breaking the bank.
Getting around in Gilbert is a breeze with the convenient transportation options available. Whether you prefer public transportation, biking, or ride-sharing services, you'll find the freedom to move around the city without any hassle. Here are four reasons why transportation in Gilbert is a dream come true:
- Extensive Public Transportation: Gilbert offers a well-developed public transportation system with buses and light rail services that connect you to all major areas of the city. Valley Metro operates bus service in Gilbert. There are several bus stops throughout the city, and fares are affordable.
- Bike Lanes: Gilbert has a network of bike lanes and trails, making it a great place to get around by bike. There are also several bike-sharing stations located throughout the city.
- Ample Parking Options: Gilbert provides ample parking options throughout the city, ensuring that you can easily find a spot for your vehicle wherever you go.
- Taxis: There are several taxi companies operating in Gilbert. Taxis can be hailed on the street or called for pickup.
- Ride-hailing services: Ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft are also available in Gilbert. These services can be convenient for getting around town, but they can be expensive.
Avoid Traffic Congestion: With the efficient transportation options available, you can avoid the frustration of traffic congestion and enjoy a stress-free commute. Whether you choose to take the bus, pedal your way through bike lanes, or share a ride, Gilbert's transportation system grants you the freedom to navigate the city with ease.
The cost of living in Gilbert is relatively high compared to other cities in Arizona. While Gilbert offers a high quality of life, it's important to consider the expenses that come with it.
Affordable housing options can be limited, with rental prices and home prices being higher than the state average.
Groceries in Gilbert are also slightly more expensive, although there are plenty of grocery stores to choose from.
Transportation costs can add up, especially if you rely on a car for daily commuting. Gas prices and insurance rates are higher compared to other cities in the state.
Healthcare costs in Gilbert are generally in line with the national average, but it's always a good idea to have health insurance coverage.
Dining out can be a delightful experience in Gilbert, but it can also be costly. While there are various dining options to suit different budgets, some restaurants may have higher prices due to the city's overall higher cost of living.
- Housing: The cost of housing in Gilbert is higher than the national average. The median rent for a two-bedroom apartment is $1,793 per month. The median home price is $560,600.
- Utilities: Utilities in Gilbert are about average for the country. The average monthly utility bill for a single-family home is $200.
- Food: The cost of food in Gilbert is about average for the country. The average monthly grocery bill for a single person is $300.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation in Gilbert is about average for the country. The average monthly transportation cost for a single person is $411.
- Healthcare: The cost of healthcare in Gilbert is about average for the country. The average monthly health insurance premium for a single person is $400.
- Other expenses: Other expenses in Gilbert include things like entertainment, clothing, and personal care. These expenses can vary depending on your lifestyle.
Overall, the cost of living in Gilbert is higher than the national average. However, the city offers a high quality of life with excellent schools, safe neighborhoods, and a variety of amenities.
Here is a table comparing the cost of living in Gilbert to the national average:
The overall cost of living index in Gilbert is 102.9, which is slightly higher than the national average of 100. This means that it costs about 2.9% more to live in Gilbert than it does to live in the average American city.
- Numbeo: This website compares the cost of living in different cities around the world.
- Salary.com: This website provides salary and compensation data for different occupations in different cities.
- Zillow: This website provides real estate data, including median home prices and rent prices.
- NerdWallet: This website provides financial advice and information, including cost of living calculators.
As someone who's not only sold homes but also found my own slice of heaven here, I can attest that Gilbert's real estate scene is as diverse as it is captivating. From cozy desert bungalows to contemporary masterpieces, Gilbert offers a canvas for every dream.
I remember the thrill of stepping into my current home – a sanctuary where the desert breeze whispers through open windows and the promise of adventure hangs in the air. Whether you're seeking a family haven or an investment opportunity, Gilbert's real estate market has something for everyone.
If you're interested in the Gilbert real estate market, it's important to know that housing prices are currently on the rise.
Here's what you need to know:
1. Gilbert Real Estate Forecast: The market is projected to continue its upward trend, making it a great time to invest in property.
2. Gilbert Housing Affordability: While prices are increasing, the affordability of homes in Gilbert remains relatively high compared to other cities in the area.
3. Gilbert Property Taxes: It's essential to consider property taxes when buying a home in Gilbert. Make sure to factor them into your budget.
4. Gilbert Home Buying Process: The process of buying a home in Gilbert is straightforward and efficient. Work with a local real estate agent to navigate the market and find your dream home.
Additionally, if you're not ready to buy, keep an eye on Gilbert rental market trends. Rent prices may also increase as the demand for housing grows. So, whether you're looking to buy or rent, now is the time to explore the Gilbert real estate market.
- The median home price in Gilbert is $560,600, down 5.9% from last year.
- The average rent for a two-bedroom apartment is $1,793 per month.
- The housing market is competitive, with homes typically selling within a week of being listed.
- There is a shortage of inventory, with only about 2 months' worth of homes available for sale.
- The most popular neighborhoods for homebuyers are Queen Creek, Chandler, and Mesa.
The Gilbert real estate market is expected to remain competitive in the coming months. The low inventory and high demand are likely to keep home prices elevated. However, the slight decrease in the median home price from last year suggests that the market may be starting to cool off.
If you are thinking about buying a home in Gilbert, it is important to be prepared to act quickly. Homes often sell for more than the asking price, and there is a good chance that you will face competition from other buyers. It is also important to have a pre-approved mortgage before you start shopping so that you can make an offer as soon as you find a home that you like.
- Redfin: This website provides real estate data, including median home prices and rent prices.
- Zillow: This website also provides real estate data, including median home prices and rent prices.
- Trulia: This website provides real estate data, including median home prices and rent prices.
- NAR: The National Association of Realtors (NAR) is a trade association that provides data on the real estate market.
- C2ER: The Census Bureau’s Center for Economic and Business Research (C2ER) provides data on the cost of living in different cities
With a thriving job market, Gilbert offers a multitude of opportunities for individuals seeking employment. Whether you're a recent graduate looking to kickstart your career or an experienced professional seeking new challenges, Gilbert has something for everyone.
Here are four reasons why Gilbert's job market is worth exploring:
1. Abundant job opportunities: Gilbert boasts a diverse range of industries, including healthcare, technology, education, and manufacturing. You'll find countless job openings in these sectors, ensuring that you have a wide array of options to choose from.
2. Career growth potential: Gilbert's job market is known for its emphasis on career development. Many companies offer training programs, mentorship opportunities, and advancement paths, allowing you to grow and excel in your chosen field.
3. High employment rates: Gilbert consistently maintains low unemployment rates, meaning that finding a job here is easier compared to other areas. This stability provides a sense of security and peace of mind.
4. Job satisfaction: With an abundance of job opportunities and a focus on professional growth, Gilbert offers the potential for job satisfaction. You'll have the chance to work in a field you're passionate about, making your work more fulfilling.
Below are some of the things to know about the Gilbert job market:
- The unemployment rate in Gilbert is 2.8%, which is lower than the national average of 3.6%.
- The most in-demand jobs in Gilbert are in the technology, healthcare, and manufacturing sectors.
- The average salary in Gilbert is $72,000 per year.
- The job market in Gilbert is expected to remain strong in the coming years.
Below are some of the specific industries that are hiring in Gilbert:
- Technology: Gilbert is home to a number of technology companies, including Intel, Honeywell, and NXP Semiconductors. These companies are always looking for skilled workers in software development, engineering, and other technical fields.
- Healthcare: Gilbert is also home to a number of healthcare companies, including Banner Health and Mayo Clinic. These companies are always looking for nurses, doctors, and other healthcare professionals.
- Manufacturing: Gilbert is home to a number of manufacturing companies, including Honeywell Aerospace and Penske Truck Leasing. These companies are always looking for skilled workers in production, engineering, and other manufacturing fields.
In Gilbert, the job market is vibrant and full of promise. Take advantage of the numerous job opportunities, career growth potential, high employment rates, and job satisfaction that await you in this thriving city.
Gilbert isn't just a town – it's a community, a family, and a place where strangers quickly become friends. Here, you'll find a neighborly spirit that's as genuine as it is heartwarming.
From the Gilbert Farmers Market, where I've swapped recipes with fellow food lovers, to the town's lively cultural events that celebrate our diverse backgrounds, there's an overwhelming sense of unity that weaves through the streets and creates memories that last a lifetime.
One of the best ways to connect with others and get involved is through the various community events that take place throughout the year. From festivals to farmers markets, there's always something happening in Gilbert.
If you're looking for volunteer opportunities, you'll be pleased to know that there are many local organizations that are always in need of an extra pair of hands.
And for those who value safety, Gilbert also has neighborhood watch programs in place to ensure the security of its residents.
In Gilbert, you'll find a community that values togetherness and actively works to create a safe and welcoming environment for all.
Ready to Make Gilbert Your Home?
In a world that's often fast-paced, Gilbert offers an oasis of tranquility, community, and growth. If you're ready to embark on your own Gilbert adventure, whether it's finding your dream home or embracing the vibrant culture, I'm here to be your guide. As your Gilbert enthusiast and real estate expert, I'm eager to listen, share, and help you create your Gilbert story.
So here's to unlocking the beauty of Gilbert – where desert horizons meet modern comforts, and life is embraced with open arms. Let's turn your Gilbert dreams into a reality, one step at a time.
From the charming neighborhoods to the exciting events, there's always something happening in Gilbert.
Whether you're looking for a new home or interested in the real estate market, Gilbert offers a variety of options. With a thriving job market and a strong sense of community, you'll feel right at home in this wonderful town. Don't miss out on the opportunity to experience everything Gilbert has to offer!